Saturday, December 27, 2008

Course Deviation

One of my hobbies is playing with photoshop. I really enjoy working on it and can do it for hours. Because of this I have recently decided to go through and get a graphic design degree. Until then, I read tutorials and interviews on graphic design websites, my favorite being PSDTuts.com. This week I read a couple articles on the mentioned site, one on how to get better at design and the other was an interview with a digital artist. The How-To article mentioned one of the steps towards getting better as joining a design site to post your work and get feedback, as well as inspiration from other designers work.The interviewee mentioned how he had joined deviantart awhile back so he could post his work. I put two and two together and jumped head first into deviantart.

The link to my profile and anything I've loaded to Deviantart is on my new Link application under the Slideshow. IMPORTANT. While everything I do is completely safe for work (my main interest is in logos), there are areas of the site that are NSFW (Not Safe For Work). View at your own discretion. I currently only have one piece loaded.

I'm all for constructive criticism, anything to get me better at this :) So if you don't want to create a Deviantart profile, you can always just leave a comment on here with the name of whatever piece you're commenting on.

No comments:

Post a Comment